The National Blue Ribbon School program invites awardees to share their stories and celebrations using the internet and social media!
Hone Your Message
Questions for awardees to consider:
- What is the one practice others can learn from your school?
- How did your school overcome challenges faced on the way to becoming a National Blue Ribbon School?
- How has the National Blue Ribbon Schools award impacted your school?
- What has your school achieved since receiving the National Blue Ribbon Schools award?
Choose Your Medium
Which method best fits the message?
- A text driven story posted to school or district website.
- A brief written anecdote posted to school Facebook page.
- A video posted to school Facebook or Twitter account.
- An illustrative photo and accompanying description published on Facebook or Twitter.
- A name badge for your website:
- Go to the award winners page , locate your school, and click to view your school profile.
- From your profile page, click the link at the top titled “NBRS Badge for your Web site”.
- The system will generate embed code your web team can place on your web site.
— ChicagoPublicSchools (@ChiPubSchools) October 21, 2017
Tips for broadening your impact:
- Use a hashtag to represent your National Blue Ribbon award year (e.g., #nbrs2018).
- Mention National Blue Ribbon in your social media post: @NatlBlueRibbon on Twitter and @nationalblueribbonschools on Facebook.
Academics is just one reason @RichPondElement was recognized with the @NatlBlueRibbon, says Principal @dancostellow. See how his staff is relentless in helping students succeed in this week’s Ky. Teacher photoblog. https://t.co/hJ7m6XQFGI pic.twitter.com/UfdQZKeA8v
— KY Dept of Education (@KyDeptofEd) January 3, 2018
These strategies help others – including the National Blue Ribbon Schools program – to find, engage with, and promote your content.