Award Year 2017
- Black/African American: 1%
- White: 78%
- Hispanic: 5%
- Asian: 14%
- Two or more races: 2%
- ELL: 1%
- Economically Disadvantaged: 5%
"Let's Roar Towards Excellence!" Our mantra can be heard, seen, and felt throughout our school community of Elmwood Lion Cubs every day. Elmwood Elementary, in the School District of New Berlin, prides itself on preparing all students to succeed in a diverse, change-oriented, global society by fostering a collaborative learning environment. To achieve our vision, we are committed to five beliefs:
1. ALL kids can learn. Elmwood utilizes a variety of instructional approaches, interventions, and assessments to create high quality learning experiences. Furthermore, our Professional Learning Communities, inclusive practices, and our culture of acceptance and ownership contribute to our students' growth and achievement.
2. Learning is the work. A unique feature at Elmwood that supports our culture of collaboration is our four School Leadership Teams. Research and Development, 21st Century Learning, Professional Learning Communities, and Behavior are vertical staff teams (K-6) that have created integrated, three-year action plans using the Plan-Do-Study-Act framework.
3. Every child is my child. Every member of Team Elmwood understands their responsibility is to EVERY child in our school, not just those in their classrooms.
4. Relationships before results. Elmwood's staff is committed to the social-emotional needs of our students. We believe our positive learning environment has been fundamental to our success as a learning institution on all metrics.
5. We are a team. We believe our staff, parents, and school community are integral to Elmwood's success. Our dedicated staff, Elmwood's Home and School parent-teacher organization, the New Berlin Police Department, and Junior Achievement help drive our students' growth and development towards reaching our vision of exceptional student achievement.