Education Secretary DeVos Announces the
362 National Blue Ribbon Schools of 2019!
In her video message, Secretary DeVos applauded the 2019 schools: We recognize and honor your important work in preparing students for successful careers and meaningful lives. As a National Blue Ribbon School, your school demonstrates what is possible when committed educators hold all students and staff to high standards and create vibrant, innovative cultures of teaching and learning.
The Department will honor 312 public and 50 private schools at a recognition ceremony on Nov. 14-15 in Washington, D.C. In its 37-year history, the National Blue Ribbon Schools Program has bestowed this coveted award on more than 9,000 schools.
School and Leadership Awardees
Filter the awardee database by year, state, school type, or grade level to find recognized schools, applications, and contact info.
Learn from NBRS Schools
Successful School Practices Include:
- Building Culture and Enriching Learning through Art (Video)
- Learning from the World Around Them (Video)
- Bringing High School to College (Video)
- No Excuses: Sustaining Success at a Former Turnaround School (Video)
- Building School Culture by Leading with HEART (Podcast)
- Learning Through Real World Application (Podcast)